Each school in NSW offers something slightly different depending on the community. Here's what we offer for you.
All canteens in NSW public schools must meet certain requirements. These include providing more healthy food and drink options – to make the healthy choice an easy choice for students. Visit Healthy school canteens to learn more.
There are over 700 students attending Crestwood Public School. Our Canteen is staffed by a canteen supervisor and two canteen assistants) and our wonderful volunteers. Our Supervisor is Jo Saitis. If you need to contact the Canteen for any reason please ring on 9624 3910.
The Canteen is open every day that children are attending school except on the day of the swimming carnival, athletics carnival and the two last days of 4th Term. Canteen Hours of Operation are 8.30am – 1.30pm.
All food offered through our canteen menu is approved by the NSW School Canteen Association.
The Canteen also assists the school in catering for special school events such as during Education Week, Yr 6 Graduation Day and other special days as requested by the Teaching Staff.
The Canteen is an integral part of the school, and plays a role in promoting good eating habits. Many students use the canteen regularly and the canteen makes a significant contribution to that child's total food intake and nutrition. Nutrition is particularly important during times of rapid growth and development.
The aims of the canteen are:
- Provide an enjoyable, nutritious and attractive selection of food and drinks at reasonable prices;
- Provide foods recommended by the NSW School Canteens Association;
- Encourage courtesy and consideration;
- Function as an efficient business enterprise;
- Demonstrate high standards of hygiene in preparation, storage and serving of food;
- and provide an opportunity for parents and other carers to be involved in their children's education environment.
All Recess and Lunch orders should be placed online through the Munch Monitor web site.
Enter Username: crestwood and Password: munch2153
Click Sign up
- Follow the easy steps to create your account
- Create a Parent Profile
- Add your Students to your account
- Click on Account Top-Up to transfer money into your account
- You're ready to use your online account.
If you have any questions or need help call Munch Monitor on 1300796190 or send an email to email@example.com
Usual daily operation
At recess students can buy drinks and snacks as well as garlic bread, toasted spagetti or baked bean rolls and cheesy garlic bread. To ensure they don't miss out on the recess of choice, students should place a recess order. This also allows them to receive an express service as when they come to collect their recess order they may go directly to the service window to collect their order.
During the lunch period students eat their lunches and are able to purchase additional snack items from the canteen. These include drinks, ice blocks, jellies, mousses etc from our menu.
Lunches ordered for students who attend PSSA should clearly mark this option on Munch Monitor.
Students who do not have lunch
Sometimes children do not have lunch. If you child doesn't have lunch and they alert their class teacher; their class teacher will send them to the office. Parents or carers will then be contacted. The canteen will be asked to provide a sandwich for lunch.
Parents and care givers are encouraged to volunteer to assist in the running of the canteen in two ways either as a volunteer assistant or as a canteen committee member.
Our canteen cannot run without our volunteers, without them the canteen would need to close or be contracted out to a catering business and they would sell and charge as they please.
Our children love to see us at school during their day and it gives parents a chance to meet other like minded parents and form networks and friendships within the school community.
Canteen Volunteer Assistants are required between 8.45 am and 1.45 pm, one day per month. If you have some time we'd love to meet you and get to know you.
As a volunteer assistant you would be:
- Taking lunch and recess orders and checking the payments, and placing extras such as straws, sauces and spoons into the lunch bags;
- Putting stock away and filling the drinks fridges;
- Preparing sandwiches and salads for lunches;
- Serving Children at recess and lunch breaks;
- Filling lunch bags before lunch with hot foods and cold drinks;
- Washing up and drying dishes and utensils;
- Sweeping the floors and emptying the bins at the end of the day ;
- and checking daily takings for banking.
Canteen Volunteers need to complete an identity check at the office prior to helping in the canteen, with either a paid or volunteer Working with Children Check or Declaration.
If you have any questions or comments regarding the Canteen and/or its operations please contact us through the schools' website, the P & C email address (firstname.lastname@example.org), call on 96243950 or pop up to the canteen to have a chat with our canteen supervisors.
When students wear a school uniform, they feel included in our school community.
Students, teachers, parents and carers, as well as members of our local community helped develop our school uniform to make sure it:
meets the requirements of occupational health and safety, anti-discrimination and equal opportunity legislation
includes items that are affordable, comfortable and made from easy-care and easy-wear fabrics
is appropriate for the full range of school activities
is suitable for all body shapes.
Learn more about the NSW Department of Education’s School Uniform Policy.
Crestwood PS uniform policy can be found here.
Crestwood Public School Uniform Shop
Crestwood Public School's Uniform Shop is a sub-group of P&C. All funds raised through the shop go back to the school for the benefit of our children. We sell new clothing only. If you are looking for pre-loved items please visit the clothing pool, which is a separate entity and located near the steps to library.
Uniform Shop Opening Hours:
- Wednesday: 8.30am – 10:00am
- Thursday: 2:00pm - 3:30pm
Pre-loved Uniform Shop Opening Hours:
- Wednesday: 8.35am to 9.30am
The uniform shop is not open on staff development days, unless advertised.
Accepted forms of Payment are: Cash; Visa; Mastercard or Cheque. Cheques need to be made payable to "CPS P&C Association" (not to the school).
Placing an order will save you time and waiting in line. Ordering can be done either by completing an order form or via our online app, “Qkr!”.
Order forms can be downloaded from the school's website and are also available from the uniform shop, canteen, and front office. Completed orders and payment (if making cash payment) may be left at the canteen or front office. Alternatively, order forms may be completed and emailed to: email@example.com. Items will be delivered to your child's classroom on the following Wednesday or Thursday during term time. The current uniform order form can be found here. To assist with the sizing of uniforms, here is the link to the winter uniform sizing guide.
For Purchases using credit card, it is recommended to use our easy online ordering platform, “Qkr!”
Online Ordering for Uniform Shop
What is Qkr?
Qkr!™ by Mastercard® is an easy-to-use mobile payment app for iPhones and Android smartphones. Parents/Carers will be able to use Qkr! to quickly and easily order and pay for school uniform items for Crestwood Public School at a time that is convenient for them.
How does it work?
Parents/Carers will be able to use the Qkr! app to view, order and pay for uniform items at any time during the week. Once you have completed the checkout process, orders will be sent to the Uniform Shop and will be delivered to your child’s class on the next day of delivery.
When will my order be delivered?
Orders will be delivered on Wednesdays and Thursdays during term time. Any order placed during the week will be delivered to your child’s class on either the following Wednesday or Thursday, or at a later date as selected at the time of ordering. There is a cut-off time for orders at 5:30pm daily. Orders placed after 5:30pm on the eve of a scheduled delivery day may not be available until the following week.
How do I get Qkr!?
1. Download Qkr! app from app store or google play
2. Login or sign up
3. Search for Crestwood Public School
4. Create a student profile by following the instructions. This will make sure your order gets sent to the correct child in the correct class.
5. Select Uniform Shop
6. Select a delivery date (any Wednesday/Thursday during term time)
7. Use Uniform Shop menu to find required uniform items and add them to your shopping basket
8. Complete Payment at Checkout
What if I need to exchange/return an item?
Refunds can unfortunately only be done in store at the Crestwood Public School Uniform Shop (back of B Block) with the Parent/Carer present.
Please return any new and unused/unlaundered items (with tags and packaging) for which an Exchange/Refund is required, as well as a receipt of purchase, to the Uniform Shop during the following times to discuss your concerns:
· Wednesday Morning 8:30am-10:00am
· Thursday 2:00pm-3:30pm.
Should Parents/Carers not be able to attend the uniform shop at these times, items for exchange (only) may be left at the front office with a note explaining which items are to be exchanged. The exchanged item will be sent back out to the child’s classroom. Please include a contact number so that the Uniform Shop Manager can call to discuss, if required.
· Exchanges/refunds can only be actioned if within 3 months of purchase.
· Refunds/Exchanges will be given at the Uniform Shop Manager’s discretion. The Uniform Shop Manager has the right to refuse a request for exchange/refund if it is deemed as unreasonable.
· There is no exchange/refund for Hats, hair accessories, stockings and socks due to health regulations
I can’t get to the Uniform Shop during opening hours. What do I do?
If Parents/Carers are unable to attend the Uniform Shop during opening hours, below are a few suggestions:
· Have another Parent/Carer bring your child to try on uniforms on a Wednesday Morning or Thursday afternoon during opening hours to work out sizes. Parents/Carers can then place an order either online using Qkr! or by completing an order form and leaving it at the front office with payment.
· Ask to try on a friend’s uniform for sizing reference (and then order as above).
· Purchase uniforms and try them at home. Our Uniform Sizes generally run to similar sizing as in other shops, so Parents/Carers may find they can guess at the right size. Should the fit not be satisfactory though, exchanges for incorrect size are usually simple and quickly done, as outlined above.
· Contact Tina Chapman, Uniform Shop Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss specific concerns.
Hiring our facilities
You may apply to use our school’s facilities for appropriate purposes provided your hiring of the facility doesn't interfere with our teaching and learning programs.
We assess each application on a case-by-case basis. Find out more at Using school facilities.
If you’re interested in hiring our facilities, contact us for details.